Would you like to be the lucky owner of a Goldmember license? This license will give you unlimited access to all our software for free, for life, even for our upcoming programs not yet released!!!!
Then enter our contest and you may win one of the 5 Goldmemberships we’re giving away!
At VSO, we do have a lot of DVD and Blu-ray players for testing purposes. And as you can see from the picture below, we may not have the most organized and neat “plugging”system.
The question is simple: there are 6 plugs on the rack. Which one connects to the player highlighted with the arrows (third down from the top)?
A, B, C, D , E or F?
The contest is now over. the right plug was E!
We’ve handpicked 5 winners that gave the correct answer and sent them a VSO Goldmembership (worth 199.99$!).
Congratulations to Adam, Jason, David, Vid and Franck!
Stay tuned for a new contest soon!
Yep, we’re here again to the rescue with our amazing gift guide for Christmas!
Look no further, we have everything a movie/TV fan would dream of!
A Star Wars kite !!! You could kill two birds in one stone: offer an X-wing kite (or Millenium falcon, or even the death star!) to your kid, and be the one playing with it in the end!!!
A Godfather shopping board! Ideal for someone who rules the kitchen!
Winter is coming! Make sure your loved ones are prepared with this Game Of Thrones umbrella/sword!
I couldn’t find any punchline for these King Kong bookends, but they are nonetheless amazing!
For the ladies vampire fans in your life, this bite necklace is to die for!
Why have a remote control, when you can turn on the TV with a Harry Potter magic wand? (no magic spells required)
Offer a gift you must! Whether your friends and family have joined the Dark side or not, you can get them these Darth Vader Cape socks or the Yoda 3D ears ones!
Yes, it looks gross, but zombie fans will love this “brain” scarf!
And finally, along with one of our amazing software to convert or download videos (you’ll find a “offer as a gift” option in our shopping cart), why not offer a great microwavable popcorn bucket?
Want more gift ideas? Check out this post and this one.
Also, allow yourself a great, free pre-xmas gift: subscribe to the blog and find out what’s in it for you!
Did you know that hosting a Karaoke party does NOT require any special equipment or skills (apart from, maybe, a decent voice)?
Indeed, with the help of VSO programs, you’ll be singing “Dancing Queeeeeeen” in no time! Let’s get the party started!
Here is what you need:
Get the playlist together. You can either find “ready to use” Karaoke files on the internet (these are special files called CD+G) or download all your favorite songs and the latest tracks already in Karaoke formatting from Youtube. You’ll find some good Karaoke channels with a wide selection there.
All you need to do is open our free VSO Downloader (new version 5 supports Youtube), then play the song on Youtube: the video will be detected and downloaded onto your PC in seconds!
Put those songs onto a DVD. You’ll want to burn the karaoke videos onto a DVD discs for many reasons: they need to be displayed on a big screen for easy to read lyrics display, and you’ll need a menu for easy track selection. And a DVD disc is also great for passing along for the next party! This is why you ‘ll use our ConvertXtoDVD to convert and burn the videos. Simply open the program, add all your videos (max 99!), select the great DVD menu we’ve created just for karaoke compilations (see below).
If you have CDG files, then you’ll need to use our ConvertXtoVideo to be able to convert them to DVD.
Finally, click “convert”, insert a blank DVD and you’re done! Your DVD will play on any DVD player.
And guess what, the program is free for 7 days, so you don’t even have to break the bank!
You can plug in a microphone into your TV, but you may not need one if you’re not entertaining a big crowd.
Ready ? Let’s sing: “My heart will go oooooon and ooooon….”
Every year, our Halloween costume selection is a big hit, and this year’s will not disappoint!
Check out sthese amazing movie inspired costumes that are either super cheap or even free, depending on what’s in your wardrobe!
- Rocky Balboa: because who doens’t already have some grey sweatpants, a pair of Converse and a black beanie? If you’re missing one of these items you can buy them here.
2. Marty McFly: you may not own a Delorean, but you may have a red vest, a denim jacket and a checkered shirt lying somewhere! And in lieu of an overboard, you can always take an old skateboard with you.
3. Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad. On top of a red/white baseball shirt, some shorts and fishnet stockings, you won’t need much to look like Harley quinn! For the hair and make up, follow this tutorial.
4. Sandy and/or Danny from Grease. This one is for (lazy) couples! Grab an all black outfit, some high heels and /or black shoes (with white socks!!), hair gel (a lot!) and you’re done.
5. Edward Scissorhands. Got a white shirt? Then just borrow some black suspenders and some pants from your grandpa ! Apply some white makeup on your face, and once you’re done, tape some (non sharp) knives to a pair of black gloves. Won’t be the ideal costume to grab a drink but you’ll be the highlight of the party!
6. Rey from Star Wars. A new classic for Halloween that only requires a long brown belt , some beige leggings and a long beige scarf.
7. E.T. This “adult Elliott” costume is very easy, yet super original, providing you own a red hoody and an E.T. printed figure which you can fit in a basket and carry around with you.
For more ideas , check out our TV series costume selection, our Game of Thrones Halloween special and our Pinterest board!
One guess and the VSO license of your choice could be yours!
At VSO Software, there is one thing you will find on almost every desk (for testing purposes)… a DVD spindle!
Will you guess how many DVDs are left in this spindle?
Send us your estimation (use the form below) and you may win one of the five VSO licenses we’re giving away!
The 5 people that guess the right number (or are closest to it) will choose which VSO program they want to receive for free (excluding Goldmember)!
The contest is now over. The right number of DVDs on the spindle was 64! A few of you guessed it right, so I handpicked 5 winners that have now been notified.
Thanks for participating and try your luck again next time!