Did you know that hosting a Karaoke party does NOT require any special equipment or skills (apart from, maybe, a decent voice)?
Indeed, with the help of VSO programs, you’ll be singing “Dancing Queeeeeeen” in no time! Let’s get the party started!
Here is what you need:
Get the playlist together. You can either find “ready to use” Karaoke files on the internet (these are special files called CD+G) or download all your favorite songs and the latest tracks already in Karaoke formatting from Youtube. You’ll find some good Karaoke channels with a wide selection there.
All you need to do is open our free VSO Downloader (new version 5 supports Youtube), then play the song on Youtube: the video will be detected and downloaded onto your PC in seconds!
Put those songs onto a DVD. You’ll want to burn the karaoke videos onto a DVD discs for many reasons: they need to be displayed on a big screen for easy to read lyrics display, and you’ll need a menu for easy track selection. And a DVD disc is also great for passing along for the next party! This is why you ‘ll use our ConvertXtoDVD to convert and burn the videos. Simply open the program, add all your videos (max 99!), select the great DVD menu we’ve created just for karaoke compilations (see below).
If you have CDG files, then you’ll need to use our ConvertXtoVideo to be able to convert them to DVD.
Finally, click “convert”, insert a blank DVD and you’re done! Your DVD will play on any DVD player.
And guess what, the program is free for 7 days, so you don’t even have to break the bank!
You can plug in a microphone into your TV, but you may not need one if you’re not entertaining a big crowd.
Ready ? Let’s sing: “My heart will go oooooon and ooooon….”
Every year, our Halloween costume selection is a big hit, and this year’s will not disappoint!
Check out sthese amazing movie inspired costumes that are either super cheap or even free, depending on what’s in your wardrobe!
- Rocky Balboa: because who doens’t already have some grey sweatpants, a pair of Converse and a black beanie? If you’re missing one of these items you can buy them here.
2. Marty McFly: you may not own a Delorean, but you may have a red vest, a denim jacket and a checkered shirt lying somewhere! And in lieu of an overboard, you can always take an old skateboard with you.
3. Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad. On top of a red/white baseball shirt, some shorts and fishnet stockings, you won’t need much to look like Harley quinn! For the hair and make up, follow this tutorial.
4. Sandy and/or Danny from Grease. This one is for (lazy) couples! Grab an all black outfit, some high heels and /or black shoes (with white socks!!), hair gel (a lot!) and you’re done.
5. Edward Scissorhands. Got a white shirt? Then just borrow some black suspenders and some pants from your grandpa ! Apply some white makeup on your face, and once you’re done, tape some (non sharp) knives to a pair of black gloves. Won’t be the ideal costume to grab a drink but you’ll be the highlight of the party!
6. Rey from Star Wars. A new classic for Halloween that only requires a long brown belt , some beige leggings and a long beige scarf.
7. E.T. This “adult Elliott” costume is very easy, yet super original, providing you own a red hoody and an E.T. printed figure which you can fit in a basket and carry around with you.
For more ideas , check out our TV series costume selection, our Game of Thrones Halloween special and our Pinterest board!
One guess and the VSO license of your choice could be yours!
At VSO Software, there is one thing you will find on almost every desk (for testing purposes)… a DVD spindle!
Will you guess how many DVDs are left in this spindle?
Send us your estimation (use the form below) and you may win one of the five VSO licenses we’re giving away!
The 5 people that guess the right number (or are closest to it) will choose which VSO program they want to receive for free (excluding Goldmember)!
The contest is now over. The right number of DVDs on the spindle was 64! A few of you guessed it right, so I handpicked 5 winners that have now been notified.
Thanks for participating and try your luck again next time!
For a great movie night, you need a good movie converted with our ConvertXtoDVD … but that’s not all!
Say goodbye to boring plain popcorn, it’s time to impress with these mouth watering recipes.
Right in time for your 4th of July party!
Yes you read right, bacon, Bourbon AND caramel….
Two of your favorite things put together….
It’s a classic!
This picture speaks for itself
The perfect snack to watch The Godfather!
Follow us on Pinterest to see what other yummy popcorn recipes we have in store!
Can your hear the sound of summer? No ? That’s because you haven’t listened to one of our amazing playlists yet!
We’ve done all the hard work by compiling some great tunes, now all you have to do is download + convert them to Mp3 with our VSO Downloader!
Upload them on your phone/music player or burn it to a CD with our burning software CopyTo: this summer, your music is coming along with you! (and the software is free to use for 21 days!)
Whatever your taste, here are 4 different playlists to chill, dance or remember the good old days:
Beach & Sun